BARIATRIC SURGERY IN GURGAON
Excessive weight gain and being overweight or morbidly obese is a sort of an epidemic that is prevalent not only in India but on a global scale as well.
It is now an established fact that the higher the body mass index (BMI), the greater is the risk for comorbid conditions like hypertension, sleep apnea, diabetes, high cholesterol, and coronary artery disease along with various others. When insanely obese individuals hold one or more of the above-mentioned conditions their risk of morbidity increases, and quality of life is severely affected
HOW WE DO IT
At Aryan Hospital, doctors estimate the patient’s condition with the help of a physical examination, that might need blood tests and other diagnostic measures. With the help of physicians in a wide range of specialities, our doctors keep in mind your medical conditions when deciding the weight reduction program that’s suitable for you. Leading surgeons at Aryan Hospital in Gurgaon handles most of these processes with the help of minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques, that helps in fast healing and speedy recovery of patients. Bariatric surgery in Gurgaon at Aryan hospital include procedures such as Gastric Bypass, gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy.
WHO NEEDS BARIATRIC SURGERY?
You might be a suitable candidate for surgical weight loss if you fulfill some of the following criteria:
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is above 40.
- Your BMI is above 35 and is enduring severe health issues, like hypertension or diabetes, related to being severely obese.
- You are not able to achieve a healthy body weight for a continued period, even after undergoing medically supervised dieting.
TESTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
Along with a comprehensive physical examination and counseling, your physician will perform certain tests which may help decide whether the weight poses a health risk as compared to the possible risks of weight reduction surgery. These include:
- Fasting glucose and haemoglobin A1C dimension for searching the blood glucose irregularities indicating type 2 diabetes
- Lipid profile tests for determining if blood glucose levels are raised
- Total blood count
- Liver function tests
- Screening for nutrient deficiencies
- Sleep study with sleep
- Thyroid function tests
- childbirth tests for female patients
- Bone age evaluation to record the amount of skeletal maturity